We are currently seeking a qualified Light Vehicle Mechanic who is looking for a career change to go from vehicles to boating. We are located in Belmont and would be offering an immediate start for the successful person. Both engine systems and fundamentals are similiar, so you would not find it difficult to crossover. The only exception would be the driveline system and we provide in-house training as well as product training for any areas you need.
We do repairs, servicing, trouble shooting, building and out-fitting of boats with outboard engines specialising in Yamaha Engines being a Yamaha dealer. We also provide on-site repairs and service covering the South West coastline from Barwon Heads down to Apollo Bay and at times beyond, sending out a team of 2 people in our service van.
The suitable person would hold the following attributes:
- Hold a Light Vehicle Trade Qualification
- Happy to crossover from vehicles to boats
- Have a natural instinct for engine maintainence and repairs
- Show an interest to learn new aspects for boating mechanics
- Provide quality workmanship with pride in enthusiasm
- Good communication skills
- Able to keep start and finish times without question
- Abide by OH&S standards at all times in the workplace or on-site
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm
Interest persons need to apply by email or call if you have any questions to:
Geelong Boating Centre
Attn: Warren Furze
88 Barwon Heads Rd
Belmont Vic 3216
P: 03 5241 6966